10 – 12 November 2017
It’s on again! We’re headed back down to Augusta for another weekend of magnificent Southern Ocean Diving…
Day One – Friday
- Make our way down to the accommodation, get settled and ready for the weekend ahead.
- Optional shore dive for anyone who would like to head down earlier on the Friday (please let me know if you are interested in this so I can tee this up).
- Self-organised dinner
- There is also an option to do a night dive in the Blackwood river on either Friday or Saturday night… if you’re interested in this please let me know so we can tee this up.
Day Two – Saturday, Two boat dives
- We will cook breakfast either on the boat or house-BBQ, prior to making our way out to our first dive site.
- We’ll complete two dives before heading back for a late lunch, tank fills, a few cold bevvies and some dinner.
Day Three – Sunday, Two boat dives
- We’ll cook brekkie either on the boat or in the house again
- We’ll then head out for another two dives.
- Our return time will give us plenty of time to head back to Perth.
There will be plenty of opportunities to catch crays and abalone (note: you must have the correct licenses in place to do so) In the event of poor weather there are alternative dives for us:
- The Blackwood River sounds quite fascinating, and we could do a day and/or night dive. If we are to do this, you will need a torch (and prawn net!) Apparently there are holes in the Blackwood which reach up to 15m – but the majority of the dive would be in 6-12m.
- There are some good shore dives we can 4WD to if need be.
In other words – we would be extremely unlucky not to get a dive in during this weekend, even if the weather falls apart completely.
Well set-out ex-dive boat. Facilities include:
- Ice-making facilities and water
- Inside and outside showers (hot and cold water)
- Fishing gear / set-up
We have a nice house sorted, which can sleep up to 8 people very comfortably. Because there will be up to 12 people on this trip – some of us will need to bring some additi
onal bedding down (tent, inflatable mattresses etc). Please let me know what bedding you are planning to bring along.
The house has the usual facilities (i.e. kitchen & cutlery, linen, laundry, bathrooms etc), and will be available from 3pm onwards.
The address is: 25 Allnut Terrace, Augusta (as you come into town, Allnut is the first road on the right).
What you need to bring
- Full dive gear – as you would on Cape Cruiser (including two tanks each + safety sausage).
- Cray loop / catch bag and license (if you’re planning on catching crays).
- Abalone license (if you’re planning on catching abalone)
- If you don’t eat bacon / eggs etc, or if you have any specific dietary requirements – you’ll need to bring substitutes.
- Other snacks / nibblies / drinks you require.
- Bed Linen – while there is bed linen available in the house, if you’d prefer your own, nice fresh sheets, I’d suggest BYO Please note that there is a shop in town for any food stuffs we need. We will most likely go to the local pub (or organise a group meal) on Saturday night.
Inclusions & Cost
The cost is $250 pp (if we get less than 10 people this may cost a tad more), and this includes:
- Boat & Diving activities
- Breakfast on Saturday & Sunday
- Air fills (2 cylinders each, to be filled on Saturday in time for Sunday’s diving shenanigans)
Please let both Treasurer Steve email@example.com and Mel firstname.lastname@example.org know when you have paid your deposit. Final payments due 1st November, 2017